The Clerk is a statutory position prescribed by Section 228(1) of the Municipal Act whose duty is:
- To record, without note or comment, all resolutions, decisions and other proceedings of the council;
- If required by any member present at a vote, to record the name and vote of every member voting on any matter or question;
- To keep the originals or copies of all by-laws and of all minutes of the proceedings of the council;
- To perform the other duties required under the Municipal Act or under any other Act; and
- To perform such other duties as are assigned by the municipality.