The Township of Tyendinaga Dog Control By-law requires that all dogs living in Tyendinaga be registered. Licensing your beloved dog whether it’s a new puppy or a senior with the Township can give your family the best chance of reuniting you with your furry friend. Having your dog licenced gives you peace of mind and helps keep the dogs in our community safe. A dog tag is the best form of ID for your dog and will assist in recovering your dog if it is lost.
The Township of Tyendinaga has moved to a generic dog tag system with no year on the tag. Your dog will have the same tag while they reside in Tyendinaga. We will send out an invoice annually in January for tag payment.
Kindly complete the Dog Application Form to register your dog(s) with the Township of Tyendinaga and return with your payment for each tag to the Municipal Office or email email@example.com by March 31, 2022. To find fees for dog tags, visit our fees, charges, & payment options page.
With the current safety measures in place due to COVID-19, the office is closed to the public until further notice.
- A mail slot is available at the Municipal Office at 859 Melrose Road,Shannonville located to the left of our front doors. Please only pay with cheque/bank draft with this option. In a sealed envelope, include your payment and application to ensure payment is applied to the correct account.
- Mail cheque payable to the Township of Tyendinaga.
- Telephone or online banking: Be sure to choose the correct payee when processing bills through your financial institution.
- E-transfer: Please contact us at 613-396-1944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Credit Card Payments: this option is available from our website. A third-partyprocessing charge will be applied.
For more information on animal control services in Tyendinaga, please visit our website at Animal Services.
Further information on Payment Options can be found on our Payment Options page.
For questions on Dog Tag(s), please contact: