July 16, 2021
The Province of Ontario will move to Step Three of its Roadmap to Reopen plan on Friday, July 16 at 12:01 a.m. The new Rules for Areas in Step 3 regulation further expands outdoor activities and will resume limited indoor services with restrictions in place.
Step Three of the Roadmap to Reopen includes but is not limited to:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 100 people
- Indoor social gatherings and organized public events for up to 25 people
- Indoor dining with no limits to the number of patrons per table
- Retail with capacity limited to ensure physical distancing
- Indoor religious services, rites or ceremony gatherings with physical distancing
- Indoor sports and recreational fitness facilities with capacity limits
- Personal care services with capacity limited to ensure physical distancing
- Museums, casinos and bingo halls with capacity limits
- Cinemas, concert, theatres, and other performing arts venues with capacity limits
Please view the regulation for full details.
The Township of Tyendinaga Municipal Office will be open for in-person services, beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, July 19, 2021. Waiting area capacities will be limited to accommodate physical distancing. Prearranged appointments and drop-box services are still available; call 613-396-1944 to book. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Members of Council and Staff will continue to meet in the Council Chambers and electronically. Meetings are live streamed, and members of the public are welcome to participate electronically by contacting the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sports Fields & Facilities
Soccer fields, baseball diamonds, and volleyball courts are actively being prepared for rental however township organized sports leagues are not currently scheduled. Staff are continuing to review potential drop-in programming. There are no restrictions on total number of participants. Spectators wearing masks are permitted, with a maximum capacity of 75 percent.
Please contact the Township of Tyendinaga Recreation Department at 613-396-1944 or e-mail email@example.com to book sports fields for these activities.
All municipal playgrounds remain open on a “use at your own risk” basis. Residents are reminded to avoid using playgrounds if they are feeling sick, to wash their hands before and after use, and to practice physical distancing while at our playgrounds.
Due to current renovations, the Recreation Hall is closed with an anticipated reopening date of September 2021. Contact the Recreation Department to reserve the hall for your event.
The library is open for in-person services, while asking patrons to maintain physical distancing. Computer use is being offered by appointment only. Staff will be offering some virtual programing throughout the summer. Visit the Tyendinaga Township Public Library website for more information on hours and service updates.
The Township of Tyendinaga thanks the public for their patience as staff continue to monitor changes to the provincial restrictions. Announcements regarding any new changes to restrictions will be made as they come in from the province.
As the vaccine rollout continues across the province, it remains vital that members of the public, even those who have been vaccinated, continue to practice public health measures, including:
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell
- Get tested for COVID-19 if you have symptoms or have been in close contact with a confirmed positive case of COVID-19
- Continue to practice physical distancing
- Wear a mask or face covering indoors
- Wash hands frequently
Updates and information
All dates and details mentioned in this release are subject to change. Updates will be posted to the Township website (tyendinagatownship.com), Facebook page (facebook.com/tyendinaga.township), and Instagram Account (@tyendinaga_township). Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-396-1944.