Individuals who are considering running for the role of Reeve, Deputy Reeve, or Councillor, in Tyendinaga Township or any of the Hastings County municipalities this October are invited to register for a virtual information session taking place on Monday, April 25, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Provided by Hastings County Clerks and Treasurers Association, the information session – “So You Want to Run for Council” – will be led by Fred Dean, municipal coach and former municipal solicitor with extensive experience. The session will provide an overview of the roles and responsibilities of municipal council members including duties, scope, and commitments.
For potential candidates
- To register for “So You Want to Run for Council” virtual session, visit the registration page or email email@example.com
- Family members of potential candidates are also encouraged to attend to learn about impact on family life
- The municipal election provides equitable access to those who wish to bring their diverse perspectives and expertise to municipal council
- Whether a long-time or a new Canadian citizen living in Tyendinaga, the municipal election is a significant way to serve your community and help shape the future
- To be a candidate, the individual must be a Canadian citizen, at least 18 years of age, and a resident of the township in which they intend to run for Council
While the municipal election is still months away, eligible voters can now complete the first step in preparing to vote this fall. Visit MPAC’s VoterLookup website to check if you are on the voter list. You can add or verify your details, update your address or contact information, and add new eligible voters of your household.
For general information on the municipal election, visit the Elections webpage.